Dr. Krings grew up near Aachen, Germany, studied Medicine in Aachen and at Harvard Medical School in Boston and returned to Aachen to pursue residency training in Radiology and Neurosurgery. He obtained his Phd in Biomedical Engineering (Technical University Aachen), a MSc Degree in Neurovascular Diseases (Universite Paris Sud) and a Master in Health Economics and Hospital Management of the Bayuvarian Ministry of Finance.
- Brain arteriovenous malformations: pathological physiology, mechanisms of presentation, imaging and therapy
- Hereditary haemorragic telangiectasia (HHT): genotype-phenotype interaction, the role of epigenetics
- Vessel wall pathology in aneurysms
- Non-invasive imaging of vascular disease
- Spinal vascular malformations: predictors of outcome
- Epilepsy imaging: genotype-phenotype correlations